5 Quick and Helpful Home Cleaning Tips
Our goal is to make your home a healthier place. That’s why we’ve come up with these 5 home cleaning tips!
- Consistently wipe countertops. A lot happens on your countertops. And we’re not only talking about food. Countertops are a prime spot for dirt, dust, bacteria, and allergen particles to land when their not floating in the air. For granite and tile countertops, a mild cleaner is preferred for the best results. Mild cleaners can refresh the sealers that degrade over time.
- Maintain clean rugs and carpet. In order to improve the life of your carpet, make sure to vacuum weekly with a bag vacuum. If possible, use a vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter. It is important to remember that while vacuuming does pick up surface dirt and dust, it doesn’t get all of the bacteria and allergens that are trapped deep within the carpet. This includes pet dander, urine, particle pollution, and everyday dust and dirt. eep carpets and rugs clean. So many toxins are not visible to homeowners, and they are often a source of undesirable health problems and allergy issues.
- Remember your upholstered furniture. A lot of people remember to vacuum and clean their carpets at least every once in a while. But the truth is the majority of people don’t even think about cleaning their couches and chairs. This despite the fact that we spend a large amount of time sitting and lounging on them. Particles like dust, dirt, and more settle upon furniture just like countertops. They get dirty just as easily as carpets and rugs!
- Sanitize common touch points in your home. Every home has popular spots that everybody tends to touch. These include doorknobs, toilet handles, faucets and light switches. Spending some time cleaning those areas can go a very long way! Especially before and after you have guests in your home. Go the extra mile and be vigilant about hand washing throughout your day.
- Place doormats and area rugs in entryways and high-traffic spots. Things like doormats and rugs do an incredible job of trapping dirt and allergens. Placing them in entryways and high-traffic areas will trap them before they get deeper into your home. It is an effective and inexpensive way to stay away from toxic particles floating around your home. Just make sure to clean these as often as you do the rest of the house.
We hope these tips help. Make sure to check back periodically for the best cleaning advice. The next time you need your carpets or upholstery cleaned, call Chem-Dry!