5 Back to School Tips from Chinook Chem-Dry – Top-rated carpet cleaning in Calgary
- Put everything on a calendar, and start planning out your weeks
- Mark off major events like holidays, birthdays, family parties, carpet cleanings, etc.
- Use a color-coding system to keep family members organized.
- Put the calendar in a place that every family member can see on a daily basis.
- Track after-school activities, lunch menus, sports practice and games, field trips and other class events, kids’ playdates and sleepovers, and drop-off and pick-up times.
- A sleep schedule for younger children will also be ideal to create.
- Get prepared for cold and flu season at the same time as school
- Deep clean the house and schedule a time for a professional carpet and upholstery cleaner to stop by.
- Wash every new piece of clothing you get.
- Buy hand cleaner and put it into backpacks.
- Don’t re-use clothes until washed.
- Regularly wipe down “hot spots” like kitchen counters, door handles, and sink faucets.
- Use a doormat to keep allergens from coming into the home.
- Get your closets organized to make getting dressed easier
- Get rid of or donate your older clothing.
- Use a labeling system.
- Coordinate your hangers for a more systematic approach.
- Create sections for specific activities like work, school, sports, etc, and preplan outfits for the week in each section to make getting ready easier.
- Set up your entryway to make mornings run smoothly
- Create storage areas for each kid and adult in the house.
- Get hooks for keys
- Make a cubby for backpacks and lunchboxes.
- Add another drawer or cubby for wallets, phone chargers, and purses.
- Find fun ways to organize your footwear.
- Organize your kids’ rooms to focus on the areas where they will spend the most school-related time.
Study & Play Areas:
- Get a good study area set up for kids to do their homework.
- Get them folders to keep homework organized.
- Use a caddy or bin to store extra school supplies.
- Create school homework calendars and checklists on your child’s desk
- Organize all of the toiletries and personalize them for each kid.
- Colorful bins can help younger kids stay organized.
- Use higher shelving for teenagers to avoid clashes with younger kids.
- Use a shoe pocket organizer behind the door to store other bathroom essentials.
As you deep clean your home in preparation for the school year consider our top notch carpet cleaning service! All of us at Chinook Chem-Dry are wishing you a stress-free school year!